What to Expect from Sister Vegetarian Recipes...

Sister Vegetarian knows the importance of nutrition without breaking the bank. In lieu of this, I keep the meals to a cost that anyone can create and still stick to a budget. I also include raw vegan meals. Sister has acquired a Raw Vegan Chef Certfication through The Raw Food Network-Ekaya Institute of Living Food Education. I love to cook meals from Africa, India, the Middle East, Greece, Italy, and the list goes on. When I cook, I call it traveling the world without leaving my home. I see cooking as a way to experiment and learn about other cultures, as I also learn more about my roots.

Enjoy the meals. Enjoy the travel. No Passport Required. Just an appetite for delicious and healthy meals.

Peace & Love, Sister Vegetarian.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Let's Visit India: Coconut Curried Chickpeas, Cauliflower, and Spinach served with a Cilantro/Jalapeno Wrap or Chapati

Let's visit India today without leaving our homes. Take in the beautiful spices of this exotic, beautiful country. What's on the menu? Coconut Curried Chickpeas, Caulifower, and Spinach (access recipe through this Vegetarian Times Link)


Okay, This is not my recipe, but I made it my own. I found it at Vegetarian Times, and it is awesome! It is so awesomely good, that I did not change anything in the recipe. The only suggestion is if you LOVE curry as I do, add more curry than what is stated. I added about double the curry. I also served it with vegan cilantro/jalapeno wrap rather than chapati bread, that served well in scooping up the meal and sauce as is traditionally done with Indian stews. The pictures are my pictures from duplicating the recipe.





No comments: