“The man who sees, on New Year's Day, Mount Fuji, a hawk, and an eggplant is forever blessed”. —Old Japanese proverb
Beautiful Eggplant: You are deep purple almost black. Mysterious beauty and gorgeous smooth soft skin. I run my hands across your body, and I love your curves. Your curves remind me of my own African beauty: vivacious, delicious, curvaceous, and beautiful through and through. You are beautiful. I call you black beauty. ~ Sister Vegetarian
Eggplant. Beautiful. Succulent. Nutritious. Quick after work meals in 20 meals or less. Eggplants provide a quick after work meal for busy schedules.
Serving Size: 1 Large Eggplant can make 4 -6 sandwiches
Eggplant Cost: approximately $1.79 per lb.
Flat bread (chapati, flat-out, or lavash bread)
Shredded collard leaves, spinach, or kale
How to Cook:
1. Slice Eggplant for ½ inch to 1 inch rounds.
2. Use extra virgin oil olive to lightly coat a pan (I use a cookie sheet)
3. Brush olive oil on sliced eggplant, add mesquite seasoning, and a few drops of liquid smoke.
Place on pan
4. Cook 8 -10 minutes on each side in broiler for an outdoor grilled taste.
5. Voila! Eggplant that takes as though grilled outside!
How to Serve:
1. Serve as a sandwich on flat-out, lavash, or chapatti bread. I toast my flat bread of choice in the broiler until crisp. I place vegan mayonnaise on each side of the flat bread.
2. Place grilled eggplant on top of vegan mayonnaise
3. Add tomatoes, onions, shreds of collards leaves (or, spinach or kale broken up)
4. Top with other half of flat bread and vegan mayonnaise
5. Slice flat bread in half and serve.
6. Optional: I love to serve with slice sweet potatoes oven fried in broiler with a little olive oil and seasoning of choice such as mesquite seasoning. Sweet potatoes can be grilled with eggplant in one pan at 8 -10 minute son each side just like the eggplant. Quick and easy after a long work day!
olive oil with a sandwich being stuffed with
eggplants, onions,spinach, tomatoes,
and vegan mayonnaise