What to Expect from Sister Vegetarian Recipes...

Sister Vegetarian knows the importance of nutrition without breaking the bank. In lieu of this, I keep the meals to a cost that anyone can create and still stick to a budget. I also include raw vegan meals. Sister has acquired a Raw Vegan Chef Certfication through The Raw Food Network-Ekaya Institute of Living Food Education. I love to cook meals from Africa, India, the Middle East, Greece, Italy, and the list goes on. When I cook, I call it traveling the world without leaving my home. I see cooking as a way to experiment and learn about other cultures, as I also learn more about my roots.

Enjoy the meals. Enjoy the travel. No Passport Required. Just an appetite for delicious and healthy meals.

Peace & Love, Sister Vegetarian.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lunch Box Series #3: Chick Peas and Black Olive Spread



Continuing with the Lunch Box Series below is another alternative to a week day work lunch.


As you know, Sister loves wrapping these delicious spreads in Collard Leaves for a lunch packed with even more nutrition and antioxidants. I hope you enjoy this spread as much as I do for my work lunch. It also makes a great appetizer for the gathering of your sister circle.





Why not call it hummus? Traditionally, any type of hummus has tahini and chickpeas as the main ingredients. This spread does not include tahini. This spread also turns out a little more thicker, but the thickness makes it a great sandwich stuffer whether you are wrapping it in collards as I do, chapati, tortillas, wraps, or vegetarian/vegan breads.

Don't forget to also round out your lunches with Sister's Vegetarian and Vegan 10 Points of Power for your workday empowerment. A healthy mind goes with a healthy body.

Chick Peas and Black Olive Spread



Ingredients:


1 15- 1/2 oz can Garbanzo Beans (Chick Peas), drained, rinsed


1/2 chopped avocado


3 cloves of medium garlic


2 TBSP vegan mayonnaise


1 TBSP lemon juice


1/2 tsp sea salt


1/2 cup onion


1 TBSP dried parsley


1/4 cup black medium olives


1/8 tsp ground pepper





How to prepare:


Place in a food processor all the above ingredients. Process until smooth. This spread will still be thick, but it should have a well blended texture.


Stuff into your favorite collard leaf, wrap, vegetarian/vegan bread, chapati, or tortilla.

~ Sister Vegetarian

1 comment:

james said...

seems delicious recipe i'll try it. Thanks for sharing.

elsner technolgoy pvt ltd