What to Expect from Sister Vegetarian Recipes...

Sister Vegetarian knows the importance of nutrition without breaking the bank. In lieu of this, I keep the meals to a cost that anyone can create and still stick to a budget. I also include raw vegan meals. Sister has acquired a Raw Vegan Chef Certfication through The Raw Food Network-Ekaya Institute of Living Food Education. I love to cook meals from Africa, India, the Middle East, Greece, Italy, and the list goes on. When I cook, I call it traveling the world without leaving my home. I see cooking as a way to experiment and learn about other cultures, as I also learn more about my roots.

Enjoy the meals. Enjoy the travel. No Passport Required. Just an appetite for delicious and healthy meals.

Peace & Love, Sister Vegetarian.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Lunch Box Series Part II: Peas & Carrots Sandwich?


Green Peas & Carrot Spread
I created this delicious green peas and carrot spread for Part II of the Lunch Box Series
I wrapped it in collard green leaves for a sumptuous work lunchtime meal. You can also wrap it in a chapati, tortilla, or any flat bread; or place between your favorite vegetarian or vegan sandwich bread. I stuffed it with raw turnip greens, tomatoes, and raisins. You can stuff it with kale, lettuce, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, nuts, or however you like. It was quick to make.
Green Pea & Carrot Spread
Servings: 5 lunches
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups of frozen peas
2 med carrots, chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 cup onions, chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground chipotle pepper
1/2 tsp coriander
2 TBSP vegan mayonnaise
How to Prepare:
1. Cook the peas in 2 TBSP water for 3-5 mins
2. When peas are done, drain water. Blend peas and all ingredients in a food processor until smooth
3. Place in a container.
4. Stuff in your favorite tortilla, flat-bread wrap, or chapati; or, place between your favorite vegetarian or vegan sandwich bread for a great sandwich.

No comments: