What to Expect from Sister Vegetarian Recipes...

Sister Vegetarian knows the importance of nutrition without breaking the bank. In lieu of this, I keep the meals to a cost that anyone can create and still stick to a budget. I also include raw vegan meals. Sister has acquired a Raw Vegan Chef Certfication through The Raw Food Network-Ekaya Institute of Living Food Education. I love to cook meals from Africa, India, the Middle East, Greece, Italy, and the list goes on. When I cook, I call it traveling the world without leaving my home. I see cooking as a way to experiment and learn about other cultures, as I also learn more about my roots.

Enjoy the meals. Enjoy the travel. No Passport Required. Just an appetite for delicious and healthy meals.

Peace & Love, Sister Vegetarian.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vegetarian-Raw Vegan Fusion Italian Style!



Try an alternative to the typical vegan or vegetarian spaghetti and pasta sauce. Borrow from raw veganism and use uncooked collard greens cut in thin strips to resemble pasta. Just roll tightly 3 -4 collards together in a bunch at a time to resemble a cigar, and slice thinly. The sliced collards will simulate almost a spiral formation when cut thin. Cut as much collards as you want and place in individual serving pasta bowls. Now here's the fusion part: cook your favorite marina pasta sauce and serve over the uncooked cut collards. You can add heated falafel balls or any vegan/vegetarian style heated veggie balls to toss on top of the collards and pasta sauce. A deliciously warm, yet crunchy meal. The collards retain their nutritional value without being overly cooked. Mangiare Bene! - Italian word for good eats!



~ Sister Vegetarian

No comments: