What to Expect from Sister Vegetarian Recipes...

Sister Vegetarian knows the importance of nutrition without breaking the bank. In lieu of this, I keep the meals to a cost that anyone can create and still stick to a budget. I also include raw vegan meals. Sister has acquired a Raw Vegan Chef Certfication through The Raw Food Network-Ekaya Institute of Living Food Education. I love to cook meals from Africa, India, the Middle East, Greece, Italy, and the list goes on. When I cook, I call it traveling the world without leaving my home. I see cooking as a way to experiment and learn about other cultures, as I also learn more about my roots.

Enjoy the meals. Enjoy the travel. No Passport Required. Just an appetite for delicious and healthy meals.

Peace & Love, Sister Vegetarian.

Monday, September 5, 2011

1 Minute Raw Vegan Jam Recipe - This completes the 3 Jam recipe series


This is the third jam recipe for you to choose from in making a healthy alternative to store bought jams. The cost to make these jams are also cheaper than store bought versions. No preservatives and corn syrup that you would see listed in store bought jams label ingredients.

You do not need to be a raw vegan to enjoy this recipe. I love all three jam recipes that I have given you thus far; but, hands down, the recipe below which uses dates and strawberries is my favorite.

To recap the past vegan jam recipes:

1. Vegan Strawberry Jam with home-made British Style Scones

2. Raw Vegan Strawberry Jam


3. 1 minute Raw Vegan Jam Recipe with Dates(recipe below)


1 Minute Raw Vegan Jam Recipe with Dates ** Sister's Favorite, BUT ALL 3 all delicious!

Makes 1 16oz jar of jam


Time: 1 minute to process

Cost: approximately $3.00

Ingredients:
1 lb strawberries, clean, cut off stems
6 dates, de-seeded
zest from 1 lemon

Directions:
1. Place strawberries in food processor and process for about 30seconds. Just until its slightly chopped
2. Add dates and zest, process for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. The jam should be between slightly smooth but with slightly rough chops of strawberries
3. Place in mason jar or reusable glass jar ( I like to reuse my glass Tahini jars which makes a nice 16oz size for the jam). Serve immediately or refrigerate.My jam keeps for 2 weeks, refrigerated

~ Sister Vegetarian

No comments: