What to Expect from Sister Vegetarian Recipes...

Sister Vegetarian knows the importance of nutrition without breaking the bank. In lieu of this, I keep the meals to a cost that anyone can create and still stick to a budget. I also include raw vegan meals. Sister has acquired a Raw Vegan Chef Certfication through The Raw Food Network-Ekaya Institute of Living Food Education. I love to cook meals from Africa, India, the Middle East, Greece, Italy, and the list goes on. When I cook, I call it traveling the world without leaving my home. I see cooking as a way to experiment and learn about other cultures, as I also learn more about my roots.

Enjoy the meals. Enjoy the travel. No Passport Required. Just an appetite for delicious and healthy meals.

Peace & Love, Sister Vegetarian.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Get Inspired: Recap of Farmer's Market Recipes of $25 on 2 weeks

Get inspired! Your local farmers market can provide creative, quick, and inexpensive meals that looks like a professional chef just prepared your family's meal.

Below is a recap some of the vegan meals that I prepared from my Farmer's Market shopping trip, and blog post of $25 and 2 weeks of Farmer's Market produce. Link to the recipes on this Sister V Recipe Page to prepare these quick meals in your home.

1. Heirloom Tomatoes diced on crusty Italian bread with fresh parley , garlic, and olive oil
2. Sweet Potato Tortilla Wrap with Blue Corn Chips
3. Butternut Squash-Pear Soup with crusty Italian bread drizzled with olive oil
4. Vegan Heirloom Pizza and Vegan Home-made Pizza Crust with a side dipping of pasta sauce

~ Sister Vegetarian

No comments: